I was tagged by one of Snarky’s first followers, Laughing at Everyday Life, in a fun little Q&A game. In true Snarky fashion, I’m not going to follow the rules per se.
The rules are:
- you must post the rules (check)
- answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post (not so much)
- create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged (I’m going to answer my own questions.)
- tag eleven people with a link to your post (got it)
- let them know you tagged them (will do)
- Do you have a test or tests that help you judge someone’s character? My mom told me that a good friend will always wait to make sure you got inside the house before they leave after dropping you off at home. This test has never failed me. I also don’t trust people who don’t like pizza or say that they don’t have a favorite book or movie or band. If you can’t rattle off at least five per category that are your favorites I am immediately suspicious of you.
- When did you first feel like a grown up? At age 18 when I got my first credit card and my first ulcer. In that order.
- What is something you read that made you wish you could write that well? A short story, Ash, by Roddy Doyle.
- What do you say when you answer the phone? Hello. Nothing fancy.
- Have you ever stiffed someone on a tip? No. Even when the service is bad. I just can’t do it.
- Do you have a favorite writing utensil? Yes. A Pilot Precise V5 Rolling Ball, Extra Fine. Color: Turquoise.
- Do you use a calendar? Yes. A calendar made from paper. My favorite is the Moleskine Extra Small Daily Planner. It looks like a tiny Gideons Bible.
- Do you have road rage? Yes. Every failure to signal or cut-off is a personal attack. I also have a 1-2-3-Honk policy if I am behind you at a light. If the light is green for three seconds without you moving, I will honk at you.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl. Don’t talk to me before 8am. It’s best for all involved. Preferably after 9am but I do need to be a functioning member of society.
- What surprised you about blogging when you first started? I thought I would immediately have haters commenting that my blog is stupid. I guess I’m not big enough for that yet.
- How do you feel about this type of blogging phenomenon (tagging/awards)? At first, I thought it was cheesy. But then I realized that it’s part of being in the blogging community and supporting other blogs that you love. And I’m all about that.
OK, now to bestow these questions upon 11 lucky bloggers. Of course it is your choice whether or not to participate. Or to follow the rules.